Updates to PDF Files
1950-1959 seasons were updated on February 25th.
1960-1969 seasons were updated on February 11th.
1970-1979 seasons were updated on March 6th.
1980-1989 should be updated by March 15th.
1990-2022 will be updated in April and May.
(Seasons before 1950 haven't been released yet. 1919-1949 should be available before the end of May.)
I mentioned last year that I was working on the following improvements to the player cards:
In addition to the above, I've also made the following improvements:
1. Realistic distribution of outs among fielders. The number of putouts, assists and double plays by each position now matches real-life totals much more closely. This doesn't affect "high-level" stats like Batting Average and ERA; but it will improve the accuracy of defensive stats like Fielding Percentage and Range Factor.
2. Changes to some defensive ratings (Arm, Range and Fielding). As part of the above, I tweaked some ratings to improve the statistics produced. You might notice that Arm ratings were nudged up a bit for right fielders, and reduced a similar amount for left fielders. I don't think any rating was changed by more than 1 point.
3. Tweaks to pitcher Stamina ratings to create more realistic complete game totals.
4. Removed intentional walks from pitching stats before calculating card results. (I was already doing this for all batter cards). Most pitchers are affected very little by this change. But it will improve the cards for relievers that were asked to throw a large number of IBBs:
5. Added a small feature to Batter Cards to show a player's base-stealing "aggression".
New cards have been uploaded to the server for the 1960-1969 seasons. If you buy any of these seasons today, you will receive the most current files. If you already purchased any of these seasons, you should already have a link to these files. (And if you can't find it, send me an email.)
I plan to update all seasons from 1950-2022 before I start publishing seasons before 1950. If you notice any problems with these cards, please let me know so that I can correct them — and avoid making the same mistakes on the remaining season sets.
2/11/2023 07:12:04 pm
If I read this correctly, when you complete the 70s can those who made purchases get an update on PDF? I bought the 1978 pdf set. Do you have a time frame for the updates? Thanks!
2/13/2023 08:48:05 am
Such a brilliant and elegant game. Thank you.
3/6/2023 07:20:08 pm
The 1950s files were uploaded at the end of February.
2/22/2023 12:15:59 pm
I am new to this game, but not to gaming. I have played since 1960. I have only played 21 games with ST thus far using 1956 season. I am very impressed. Two areas that I am not sure about (1) redirect. Example: Curt Simmons as a 4XX under 200-206 vs lefty. The roll is 204; does the result change to 404? or do I re-roll but keep the 04?
3/6/2023 07:35:24 pm
Sorry for the delay in responding to this.
Leave a Reply.
The Season Ticket Baseball blog. Check back for product updates.