I mentioned last year that I was working on the following improvements to the player cards:
In addition to the above, I'm also making the following improvements:
1. Realistic distribution of outs among fielders. The number of putouts, assists and double plays by each position now matches real-life totals much more closely. This doesn't affect "high-level" stats like Batting Average and ERA; but it will improve the accuracy of defensive stats like Fielding Percentage and Range Factor.
2. Changes to some defensive ratings (Arm, Range and Fielding). As part of the above, I tweaked some ratings to improve the statistics produced. You might notice that Arm ratings were nudged up a bit for right fielders, and reduced a similar amount for left fielders. I don't think any rating was changed by more than 1 point.
3. Tweaks to strikeout and walk rates. The current cards are producing about 5% too many strikeouts and about 5% too few walks (primarly because I miscalculated the chance of a strikeout or walk occurring when a die roll is redirected from the pitcher card to the batter cards).
4. Tweaks to pitcher Stamina ratings to create more realistic complete game totals.
5. Removed intentional walks from pitching stats before calculating card results. (I was already doing this for all batter cards). Most pitchers are affected very little by this change. But it will improve the cards for relievers that were asked to throw a large number of IBBs:
I plan to update all seasons from 1950-2022 over the next few months. After that, I will begin work on seasons before 1950.